Writer, journalist, blogger, mother of boys, A380 pilot's wife, sun-worshipper and distracted housewife surrounded by souks, skyscrapers, shopping, sea and sand.
If you like my blog, please click the cover to find out about my book!
Join me on Instagram: circlesinthesandblog (click a photo below)
No Instagram images were found.
- Brits’ new pastime: plane spotting via Big Jet TV dubaiunveiled.com/brits-new-past… 4 months ago
- Ditching their devices on digital detox day (haha!)￼ dubaiunveiled.com/ditching-their… 4 months ago
- Are you on a Wordle winning streak? dubaiunveiled.com/are-you-on-a-w… 4 months ago
- Comedy legend Jack Dee brings much-needed laughs dubaiunveiled.com/comedy-legend-… 4 months ago
- Back to school … and back home again dubaiunveiled.com/back-to-school… 5 months ago
Top Posts & Pages
Tag Archives: schools in Dubai
“Mummy! There’s going to be actors playing terrorists in school tomorrow!” said my older son, the excitement chipping away at the edges of his voice. Goodness, I said, my brows knitting together. I knew there was a travelling theatre coming … Continue reading
Son1 attends an International Baccalaureate (IB) World Continuum School. I have no idea what the ‘world continuum’ bit means, but I do know that there are students enrolled from more than 80 different nationalities, and the importance of diversity and … Continue reading
So from the high that was Amsterdam, comes the bump of real life, and dealing with a problem that presented itself just before half-term. You know something’s not right when you get a call from school asking you to pop … Continue reading
“We’re going to change the way we talk to you,” the school announced by email. A parent portal that mums can access via a log-in password was launched last November, comprising diary dates and all the information needed to ensure … Continue reading
Despite the fact the two-month summer holiday is hurtling towards us like a steam train, Son 2 is now on half term. With only 15 school days left until the end of term, springing a half-term holiday on us now … Continue reading
I dread it each weekend, I really do – knowing that my 7-year-old has three sets of homework due the next day and that the only way it’ll get done is by brow-beating him into it, breathing down his neck … Continue reading