Writer, journalist, blogger, mother of boys, A380 pilot's wife, sun-worshipper and distracted housewife surrounded by souks, skyscrapers, shopping, sea and sand.
If you like my blog, please click the cover to find out about my book!
Join me on Instagram: circlesinthesandblog (click a photo below)
No Instagram images were found.
Join 2,356 other subscribers
- RT @AMPublishersUAE: This book follows the journey of a newly single mother of three as she strives to carve her path in the big city. Ge… 2 weeks ago
- Brits’ new pastime: plane spotting via Big Jet TV dubaiunveiled.com/brits-new-past… 11 months ago
- Ditching their devices on digital detox day (haha!)￼ dubaiunveiled.com/ditching-their… 11 months ago
- Are you on a Wordle winning streak? dubaiunveiled.com/are-you-on-a-w… 11 months ago
- Comedy legend Jack Dee brings much-needed laughs dubaiunveiled.com/comedy-legend-… 11 months ago
Top Posts & Pages
Tag Archives: raising boys
We all do this – don’t we? “If you eat your greens, you can have a cookie.” “If you do your homework without whining, you can have your iPad back.” But what about cash bribes? As a non-parent, it never … Continue reading
I touched on this the other day, but there’s something you can’t fail to notice about boys: their competitive streak. Eager to one-up each other the WHOLE TIME, my sons compare everything, from who gets to sit next to whom … Continue reading
For the past two years, we’ve been car-pooling with a French family to get Son2 home from school. Our son, and their son – let’s call him M – quickly became firm friends, and despite not being in the same … Continue reading
When I got home from work tonight, I did the first thing I always do when transitioning from the peaceful buzz of the office to the happy, barely contained chaos of homelife: I went upstairs to get changed. Usually this … Continue reading
It happens almost overnight. One day, he’s licking pureed food off a plastic spoon; the next he’s wolfing down the contents of the fridge, and gnawing at the fridge door if you momentarily take your … Continue reading
“So it’s the lipstick and handbag museum today then?” I said to the boys, raising a hopeful eyebrow. It’s a running joke: keeping them entertained during the long, long holiday involves so many boy-related activities that I do like to … Continue reading
The other day a friend promised me that while bringing up boys might feel like more work up front than girls, it gets easier. It really does, she told me, as I exhaled a sigh of relief. “When my teenager’s … Continue reading