Writer, journalist, blogger, mother of boys, A380 pilot's wife, sun-worshipper and distracted housewife surrounded by souks, skyscrapers, shopping, sea and sand.
If you like my blog, please click the cover to find out about my book!
Join me on Instagram: circlesinthesandblog (click a photo below)
- The other day I found an old mixtape I’d made sometime last century. It was like discovering an artefact in a... fb.me/2uiRAAK2j 2 weeks ago
- I met a heroine of mine the other day: the Little Mermaid! I’ve always loved Hans Christian Andersen’s fairy tale... fb.me/AjbpvaIs 1 month ago
- I was reminded this morning while visiting the car registration centre how lucky women are to enjoy such a VIP... fb.me/8Qd83Fp6t 2 months ago
- fb.me/9gUa4sXeg 2 months ago
- Been waiting years for this! #pretDubaiMall fb.me/4nqkCR6aj 2 months ago
Top Posts & Pages
Tag Archives: Dubai summer
Don’t– – Bother straightening your hair. Within an hour you’ll look like a lion with a proudly fizzy mane (“That scene from the Lion King, where Simba shakes his head as he gets out of the pool, singing hakuna matata,” … Continue reading
The radio silence over the past week was because we were moving house. We couldn’t have picked a better time really – it’s as hot as Hades (see temperature, according to the car, below!) and as humid as a steam … Continue reading
If you think about it, it’s a funny ole thing that expats spend such a big chunk of the year away from their adopted home, living out of a suitcase. While most people take two-week holidays, for expats six to … Continue reading
I can’t believe it’s nearly the end of the school year. Just a week to go here in the UAE. I find it such an emotional time. Friends leaving, switching schools. A forced move coming up. Time passing too quickly. … Continue reading
At school drop-off this morning, the usual line-up of big cars jostled for position up and down the length of the road. This nearly always involves double-parking then running into school at lightning speed to deposit Son2, before hot-footing it … Continue reading
Believe it or not, in the UAE many swimming pools are heated in winter – and chilled during the hot summer months. To our delight, this sign appeared at our compound pool last week.