Writer, journalist, blogger, mother of boys, A380 pilot's wife, sun-worshipper and distracted housewife surrounded by souks, skyscrapers, shopping, sea and sand.
If you like my blog, please click the cover to find out about my book!
Join me on Instagram: circlesinthesandblog (click a photo below)
- There’s nothing quite like finding out your parents have moved into a house built by a lingerie tycoon. I blogged... fb.me/zG6yiCZx 1 day ago
- Like many expat mums the world over, every year I take the children on a pilgrimage to the motherland, to... fb.me/2aQwQAP1l 1 week ago
- SUBTITLE: Why I don't miss commuting There were dire warnings, but no-one truly expected London’s Waterloo... fb.me/1v9gHV86E 2 weeks ago
- Check out my new What's new in Dubai? page on the blog! Kicking off with a snippet on the launch of FREE... fb.me/1ESjfUyyE 2 weeks ago
- One of the nice things about being back in the motherland is the large, green park just a short walk away. It’s a... fb.me/L7IJwiTU 2 weeks ago
Top Posts & Pages
Tag Archives: Dubai summer
Don’t– – Bother straightening your hair. Within an hour you’ll look like a lion with a proudly fizzy mane (“That scene from the Lion King, where Simba shakes his head as he gets out of the pool, singing hakuna matata,” … Continue reading
The radio silence over the past week was because we were moving house. We couldn’t have picked a better time really – it’s as hot as Hades (see temperature, according to the car, below!) and as humid as a steam … Continue reading
If you think about it, it’s a funny ole thing that expats spend such a big chunk of the year away from their adopted home, living out of a suitcase. While most people take two-week holidays, for expats six to … Continue reading
I can’t believe it’s nearly the end of the school year. Just a week to go here in the UAE. I find it such an emotional time. Friends leaving, switching schools. A forced move coming up. Time passing too quickly. … Continue reading
At school drop-off this morning, the usual line-up of big cars jostled for position up and down the length of the road. This nearly always involves double-parking then running into school at lightning speed to deposit Son2, before hot-footing it … Continue reading
Believe it or not, in the UAE many swimming pools are heated in winter – and chilled during the hot summer months. To our delight, this sign appeared at our compound pool last week.