Writer, journalist, blogger, mother of boys, A380 pilot's wife, sun-worshipper and distracted housewife surrounded by souks, skyscrapers, shopping, sea and sand.
If you like my blog, please click the cover to find out about my book!
Join me on Instagram: circlesinthesandblog (click a photo below)
- I was reminded this morning while visiting the car registration centre how lucky women are to enjoy such a VIP... fb.me/8Qd83Fp6t 1 week ago
- fb.me/9gUa4sXeg 1 week ago
- Been waiting years for this! #pretDubaiMall fb.me/4nqkCR6aj 3 weeks ago
- I was determined today to video chat with my BF in London, who has been seriously ill and is recuperating at... fb.me/8MAnRU1Ct 3 weeks ago
- Minimalists the Lebanese are not, and so when my pilot brother-in-law got married this weekend (previously a... fb.me/2gjNHa1jp 1 month ago
Top Posts & Pages
Category Archives: UAE
Don’t– – Bother straightening your hair. Within an hour you’ll look like a lion with a proudly fizzy mane (“That scene from the Lion King, where Simba shakes his head as he gets out of the pool, singing hakuna matata,” … Continue reading
It could be because it’s the last week of term, but I feel like I have a mild form of dementia this week. I’m forgetting all sorts of school-related things. And, boy, do the kids let me know about this! … Continue reading
If you live here, you’ll know there are only two phone companies – Etisalat and Du. Which means if you’re not satisfied with one, there’s only one other provider. And after that … well, you’re back where you started. You … Continue reading
“Mummy! There’s going to be actors playing terrorists in school tomorrow!” said my older son, the excitement chipping away at the edges of his voice. Goodness, I said, my brows knitting together. I knew there was a travelling theatre coming … Continue reading
Yesterday was ACBON Day. Not my favourite day in Dubai: Air conditioning back on day. And it seems to have arrived earlier this year. It also coincided with what must surely be the best day in the school year: International … Continue reading