Writer, journalist, blogger, mother of boys, A380 pilot's wife, sun-worshipper and distracted housewife surrounded by souks, skyscrapers, shopping, sea and sand.
If you like my blog, please click the cover to find out about my book!
Join me on Instagram: circlesinthesandblog (click a photo below)
- The other day I found an old mixtape I’d made sometime last century. It was like discovering an artefact in a... fb.me/2uiRAAK2j 2 weeks ago
- I met a heroine of mine the other day: the Little Mermaid! I’ve always loved Hans Christian Andersen’s fairy tale... fb.me/AjbpvaIs 1 month ago
- I was reminded this morning while visiting the car registration centre how lucky women are to enjoy such a VIP... fb.me/8Qd83Fp6t 2 months ago
- fb.me/9gUa4sXeg 2 months ago
- Been waiting years for this! #pretDubaiMall fb.me/4nqkCR6aj 2 months ago
Top Posts & Pages
Category Archives: Travel
Perhaps the biggest surprise came when checking in at the cruise terminal. “Oh, there’s Davin from school,” said Son1, as though it was completely normal to come across a school friend some 8,000 miles away from home. They gave each … Continue reading
As an airline family it never occurred to me that a cruise might be for us – I had visions that a cruise would involve being stuck on a boat awash with a novovirus outbreak and quarantined to a tiny … Continue reading
I treated myself to a foot massage while in Thailand over the past few days. I chose a foot massage as it didn’t involve a locked back room, stripping all my clothes off and lying face down with my eyes, … Continue reading
There’s something I’ve learnt about the children of pilots (and I’m talking about youngsters here – please tell me teenagers are different?). A pilot’s offspring might fly before they take their first teetering steps; their school friends might hail from … Continue reading
They say things happen for a reason – although I couldn’t really see the truth in this as our bags were offloaded from the flight we were scheduled to be taking to Cape Town. Boarding was underway and we trooped … Continue reading