Writer, journalist, blogger, mother of boys, A380 pilot's wife, sun-worshipper and distracted housewife surrounded by souks, skyscrapers, shopping, sea and sand.
If you like my blog, please click the cover to find out about my book!
Join me on Instagram: circlesinthesandblog (click a photo below)
- There’s nothing quite like finding out your parents have moved into a house built by a lingerie tycoon. I blogged... fb.me/zG6yiCZx 1 day ago
- Like many expat mums the world over, every year I take the children on a pilgrimage to the motherland, to... fb.me/2aQwQAP1l 1 week ago
- SUBTITLE: Why I don't miss commuting There were dire warnings, but no-one truly expected London’s Waterloo... fb.me/1v9gHV86E 2 weeks ago
- Check out my new What's new in Dubai? page on the blog! Kicking off with a snippet on the launch of FREE... fb.me/1ESjfUyyE 2 weeks ago
- One of the nice things about being back in the motherland is the large, green park just a short walk away. It’s a... fb.me/L7IJwiTU 2 weeks ago
Top Posts & Pages
Category Archives: Dubai
Don’t– – Bother straightening your hair. Within an hour you’ll look like a lion with a proudly fizzy mane (“That scene from the Lion King, where Simba shakes his head as he gets out of the pool, singing hakuna matata,” … Continue reading
This morning’s activity was a trip to the vet with my beloved Bella for her annual vaccinations and check-up. Nothing unusual in that (bear with me!). For people in other parts of Dubai, the vet we use – Nad al-Shiba … Continue reading
INFO POST: Whether you’ve recently moved to the UAE, or simply grown tired of battling the housework on your own, finding the best cleaner in Dubai is easy once you determine what sort of home help fits in best with … Continue reading
Who knew before having kids that the month of December would leave you feeling like you’re crawling to Christmas? Even though I swore this year would be different, I found myself yet again facing 12 days of Christmasgeddon in the … Continue reading
It was an interesting day in the Middle East yesterday. The kids came home from school totally spooked. Son1 burst through the door, wailing “Nooooooooo! He won!” His face looked strained, worried. I wondered how much he knew about the … Continue reading