Writer, journalist, blogger, mother of boys, A380 pilot's wife, sun-worshipper and distracted housewife surrounded by souks, skyscrapers, shopping, sea and sand.
If you like my blog, please click the cover to find out about my book!
Join me on Instagram: circlesinthesandblog (click a photo below)
- There’s nothing quite like finding out your parents have moved into a house built by a lingerie tycoon. I blogged... fb.me/zG6yiCZx 1 day ago
- Like many expat mums the world over, every year I take the children on a pilgrimage to the motherland, to... fb.me/2aQwQAP1l 1 week ago
- SUBTITLE: Why I don't miss commuting There were dire warnings, but no-one truly expected London’s Waterloo... fb.me/1v9gHV86E 2 weeks ago
- Check out my new What's new in Dubai? page on the blog! Kicking off with a snippet on the launch of FREE... fb.me/1ESjfUyyE 2 weeks ago
- One of the nice things about being back in the motherland is the large, green park just a short walk away. It’s a... fb.me/L7IJwiTU 2 weeks ago
Top Posts & Pages
Category Archives: Dubai schools
I’m back! It’s been a while, mostly due to work taking over my life for a couple of months. Having just surfaced from full-time officedom, I suddenly find we’re just a week away from Son1’s first overseas school trip. I … Continue reading
It’s lunchtime at work. On the day our magazine goes to press so it’s all hands to the pump meeting our deadline. I munch on my sandwich, and click on an email from school – the interim reports are out. … Continue reading
Son2’s school is turning 40, which in Dubai time is quite ancient! Anyone who lives here will know this age is impressive and deserves to be marked, especially as four decades ago the school was just a small huddle of … Continue reading
Ho! Ho! Ho! I’m sure I speak for school mums everywhere when I refer to the last fortnight of term as utter madness. It’s only now that it’s over that I finally get a moment to stop and think, ‘What … Continue reading