Writer, journalist, blogger, mother of boys, A380 pilot's wife, sun-worshipper and distracted housewife surrounded by souks, skyscrapers, shopping, sea and sand.
If you like my blog, please click the cover to find out about my book!
Join me on Instagram: circlesinthesandblog (click a photo below)
- The other day I found an old mixtape I’d made sometime last century. It was like discovering an artefact in a... fb.me/2uiRAAK2j 2 weeks ago
- I met a heroine of mine the other day: the Little Mermaid! I’ve always loved Hans Christian Andersen’s fairy tale... fb.me/AjbpvaIs 1 month ago
- I was reminded this morning while visiting the car registration centre how lucky women are to enjoy such a VIP... fb.me/8Qd83Fp6t 2 months ago
- fb.me/9gUa4sXeg 2 months ago
- Been waiting years for this! #pretDubaiMall fb.me/4nqkCR6aj 2 months ago
Top Posts & Pages
Category Archives: Dubai schools
I’m back! It’s been a while, mostly due to work taking over my life for a couple of months. Having just surfaced from full-time officedom, I suddenly find we’re just a week away from Son1’s first overseas school trip. I … Continue reading
It’s lunchtime at work. On the day our magazine goes to press so it’s all hands to the pump meeting our deadline. I munch on my sandwich, and click on an email from school – the interim reports are out. … Continue reading
Son2’s school is turning 40, which in Dubai time is quite ancient! Anyone who lives here will know this age is impressive and deserves to be marked, especially as four decades ago the school was just a small huddle of … Continue reading
Ho! Ho! Ho! I’m sure I speak for school mums everywhere when I refer to the last fortnight of term as utter madness. It’s only now that it’s over that I finally get a moment to stop and think, ‘What … Continue reading