Writer, journalist, blogger, mother of boys, A380 pilot's wife, sun-worshipper and distracted housewife surrounded by souks, skyscrapers, shopping, sea and sand.
If you like my blog, please click the cover to find out about my book!
Join me on Instagram: circlesinthesandblog (click a photo below)
- The other day I found an old mixtape I’d made sometime last century. It was like discovering an artefact in a... fb.me/2uiRAAK2j 2 weeks ago
- I met a heroine of mine the other day: the Little Mermaid! I’ve always loved Hans Christian Andersen’s fairy tale... fb.me/AjbpvaIs 1 month ago
- I was reminded this morning while visiting the car registration centre how lucky women are to enjoy such a VIP... fb.me/8Qd83Fp6t 2 months ago
- fb.me/9gUa4sXeg 2 months ago
- Been waiting years for this! #pretDubaiMall fb.me/4nqkCR6aj 2 months ago
Top Posts & Pages
Author Archives: Circles in the Sand
Perhaps the biggest surprise came when checking in at the cruise terminal. “Oh, there’s Davin from school,” said Son1, as though it was completely normal to come across a school friend some 8,000 miles away from home. They gave each … Continue reading
As an airline family it never occurred to me that a cruise might be for us – I had visions that a cruise would involve being stuck on a boat awash with a novovirus outbreak and quarantined to a tiny … Continue reading
Don’t– – Bother straightening your hair. Within an hour you’ll look like a lion with a proudly fizzy mane (“That scene from the Lion King, where Simba shakes his head as he gets out of the pool, singing hakuna matata,” … Continue reading
My friend A was recently worrying whether her children were becoming expat brats. On a trip back to the UK, her sons were horrified when she got out to fill the car with petrol and insisted they wait for ‘the … Continue reading
I treated myself to a foot massage while in Thailand over the past few days. I chose a foot massage as it didn’t involve a locked back room, stripping all my clothes off and lying face down with my eyes, … Continue reading
I’m back! It’s been a while, mostly due to work taking over my life for a couple of months. Having just surfaced from full-time officedom, I suddenly find we’re just a week away from Son1’s first overseas school trip. I … Continue reading