If you live in the UAE, you’ll know that addresses such as “Past the mosque, first right after the Spinneys then turn left after the cat sitting on the wall” are commonplace. But even when you find the street on which your friend lives, pinpointing the actual villa isn’t always easy …
Writer, journalist, blogger, mother of boys, A380 pilot's wife, sun-worshipper and distracted housewife surrounded by souks, skyscrapers, shopping, sea and sand.
If you like my blog, please click the cover to find out about my book!
Join me on Instagram: circlesinthesandblog (click a photo below)
- Like many expat mums the world over, every year I take the children on a pilgrimage to the motherland, to... fb.me/2aQwQAP1l 3 days ago
- SUBTITLE: Why I don't miss commuting There were dire warnings, but no-one truly expected London’s Waterloo... fb.me/1v9gHV86E 1 week ago
- Check out my new What's new in Dubai? page on the blog! Kicking off with a snippet on the launch of FREE... fb.me/1ESjfUyyE 1 week ago
- One of the nice things about being back in the motherland is the large, green park just a short walk away. It’s a... fb.me/L7IJwiTU 1 week ago
- Careem, the Dubai-based private ride-hailing app, has always taken road safety very seriously, not just for their... fb.me/ajOkXAeBl 1 week ago
Top Posts & Pages