A serious one today, because there was some really sad news here last week about a three-year-old Yemeni boy, who died in a hot car after his family forgot about him and left him in the vehicle for almost three hours. The tragic incident, which happened outside the child’s house, has sparked a campaign in the UAE to remind people that heat kills when children or pets are left in cars (even at lower temperatures than on this poster.)
Writer, journalist, blogger, mother of boys, A380 pilot's wife, sun-worshipper and distracted housewife surrounded by souks, skyscrapers, shopping, sea and sand.
If you like my blog, please click the cover to find out about my book!
Join me on Instagram: circlesinthesandblog (click a photo below)
- Walking on stage in front of 50,000 fans, almost 40 years to the day since The Cure’s first-ever show in Crawley, E… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- With a record number of five Middle Eastern countries qualifying for the 21st Fifa World Cup tournament (Tunisia, M… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
- Ten years is a long time to wait for your favourite sandwich store to open. In that time, my children have grown fr… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 weeks ago
- I have to add a little prologue to this blog: this year was the best Ramadan ever. There were enough eating places… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- ... from the Burj Khalifa, in all its finery. Wishing everyone all good things in 2018...... fb.me/5xNdLGbgC 6 months ago
Top Posts & Pages