It’s well known that in the UAE, companies can be quite specific about the nationality of the staff they wish to hire. A recent job advert, for a receptionist, specified that “only attractive women from the Philippines, Russia or Arab countries need apply”. But job ads on Dubizzle get quirkier than that:
Writer, journalist, blogger, mother of boys, A380 pilot's wife, sun-worshipper and distracted housewife surrounded by souks, skyscrapers, shopping, sea and sand.
If you like my blog, please click the cover to find out about my book!
Join me on Instagram: circlesinthesandblog (click a photo below)
- Ten years is a long time to wait for your favourite sandwich store to open. In that time, my children have grown fr… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- I have to add a little prologue to this blog: this year was the best Ramadan ever. There were enough eating places… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- ... from the Burj Khalifa, in all its finery. Wishing everyone all good things in 2018...... fb.me/5xNdLGbgC 5 months ago
- I had two things in mind for December: we were NOT going to do the Elf on the Shelf, and – for the first time in... fb.me/7yzGcpRfR 6 months ago
- The other day I found an old mixtape I’d made sometime last century. It was like discovering an artefact in a... fb.me/2uiRAAK2j 6 months ago
Top Posts & Pages